We are literally days away from Christmas, and everyone is on break from work and school this time of the year. This is the perfect time to get out of the house with your family and friends and really enjoy the season! I remember when I was little my aunt would take my granny and I to look at all the Christmas lights around different neighborhoods. Now its crazy how I have a house of my own where I can now put up lights and stand out front with my children and say “LIGHTS” a million times with Ashton. Memories are one the most created things in my opinion during the holiday season. For that reason, I have came up with a few of my favorite things to do with my family during the holiday! Enjoy!
- Bake cookies and teach your children how to dip the cookies in milk, and sit by the fireplace (nothing better than family time around a cozy fire)
- If you live in Houston, there are so many different places you can go and see all of the beautiful holiday light presentations. Last year we took Ashton to Zoo Lights, which was amazing. You can also go to the Festival of Lights at Moody Gardens.
- Tree Farm – go pick out the perfect tree at a local tree farm and capture pictures as your children run wild around all of the Christmas trees
- Ice Skating
- Christmas Tree Lighting (most cities will have a tree lighting)
- Take pictures with Santa
- Family Christmas Movie Night at home
- This should be #1 – Teach your children about the real meaning of Christmas! Its not all about the gifts and Santa
- Decorate the christmas tree (and if your family is anything like mine, you will break a few ornaments along the way) DISCLAIMER: ASHTON THREW AND BROKE ABOUT 4 ORNAMENTS 🙁
What are some of your family traditions during the holidays?
Photos taken by Kristen Curette