I can honestly say that being a MOM is the most amazing thing in the world! I have been in the mom gang for almost 3 months, and Ahmad and I are on cloud nine. Thank heavens that God has blessed me with an amazing support system because I would be lost without them. I started off not knowing anything, and even texting my friend Emilie in regards to how to warm up a bottle. She laughed at me, but I really didn’t know anything. I have my parents, in-laws, and friends parents telling me what they did 27 years ago, and I keep telling them times have changed. I am going to buy my mom a shirt that says “27 YEARS AGO” so she knows that nothing is the same from when she had me. For example, they gave us water with some type of syrup in it for the taste, and they had us sleep on our stomach because thats what the doctor said. Now the doctors say have your baby sleep on their back, and start giving them 1 to 2 oz of water around 2 months (if breastfeeding). Its so funny to me how times have changed, but what really trips me out is that even though they did things differently 27 years ago, I still came out okay (lol, so I think).
Recently, I have been getting a lot of questions in regards to where I buy Ashton’s clothes, and what actually does a baby need. I have put together a list of things that I love, and hope they help you on your new journey of becoming a MOM!
| Ashton |
Baby Gap | Graphic Raglan Tee
Baby Gap | Pull on slim Jeans (I cut them to make shorts with fraying)
1. Orbit Baby Travel Systems | There are a lot of good strollers on the market right now, and after viewing all of them, I personally picked the Orbit. It is light weight, and easy for me to pick up and put the carseat in my truck. The stroller is easy to fold up with one hand, and throw in my trunk. The Orbit grows with you, and will be perfect for my next baby. It also rotates 360-degrees which allows for me to park the stroller at the table at a restaurant and have Ashton facing the table. The 360-degree feature is probably my favorite part because it makes getting Ashton in and out of the car and carseat very easy!
2. Boon Grass Countertop Bottle Drying Rack | I picked this up at Target not long ago, and honestly bought it because it looked cool. All the other ones were not as cute, and I was like I don’t want to put that in my kitchen. After buying it, and using it, I realized that it is so easy to clean, and I can stack about 8 bottles on it, lids, nipples, and my breast pump tools. The grass comes off, and you can clean the bottom tray by placing it in the dishwasher or hand washing it.
3. Medela Swing Breast pump | This was the second breast pump that I ended up buying because the first one just didn’t work! I didn’t follow directions and get a prescription from my doctor so insurance would cover the cost of the breast pump (I’m a rebel). I ended up with the Medela and it works wonders! It is easy to use, and you can either plug it up, or use it with batteries on the go.
4. Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment | Ashton has really dry skin, and this is the only things that works! We also use this on his bottom everytime we change his diaper. We haven’t had any diaper rashes, so I am going to say this WORKS wonders!
5. Swaddlers & Burp Cloths | These are a must have! Make sure to get the thinner swaddle blankets so that your baby can breathe and are not to hot once you wrap them up. I also tried to buy ones that match his outfits (I have OCD, don’t judge me).
6. 4Moms Mamaroo | This is seriously Ashton’s favorite contraction. The mamaroo is the only thing that will put him to sleep, and soothe him, and by far a lifesaver. Its the modern day baby swing, and it has different sound and motions for the baby. Ashton’s favorite motion is the kangaroo.
7. Dr. Brown’s Bottles | My bestie, Trenace, actually recommended these bottles because her co-worker told her about them. They reduce spitting up and eliminates air. Dr. Brown bottles also reduces colic (Ashton doesn’t have colic – but I have heard from other mothers that it does).
8. Aveeno Baby Lotion & Wash | Ashton has very dry skin, and the Johnson’s Baby lotion dried out his skin even more. Aveeno was a better fit for us, and still has that baby scent that everyone loves. They also make an unscented kind which I like to use at night just to moisturize his skin.