Happy Monday everyone! Here is a recap of my “OUT THE DOOR MONDAY” looks! Every Monday I will post what I’m wearing right out the door for the day and you can shop my looks on Instagram via @shopstyle!
Target | Pillows & Ottoman
Marshall Homegoods | Owl Pillow & Animal Heads & Little Man Picture
Hobby Lobby | “Be Strong” Canvas & “1,2,3,4” book shelf (spray painted metallic silver)
Home Depot | Lighting
Peek Kids | Ashton Outfit
Ok guys, so I have a small confession! I think that I love blue as much as my favorite color black now. I’ve been buying a lot of blue lately, and as I was uploading my pictures I realized that maybe BLUE is my new black. We will see how long this last though.
Another thing I realized was that I never show my stomach. I never really have, unless I’m on the beach or at a pool party. I fell in love with this Topshop crop top, and decided to give it a try. It is super cute, and I paired it with a high waist trouser so that all of my stomach wouldn’t be out. I just had Ashton 3 months ago, and my stomach is no where near where I want it to be, but hey we aren’t all perfect. The paisley print is something that I also fell in love with. I bought the paisley top to match these trousers as well, but together I felt like it was just to much for me. I will try the double print look with another pattern and see if I like it better.
You can now shop my looks from my Instagram through Shopstyle and have the links sent right to your email. All you have to do is follow @shopstyle, sign up, like the picture of the outfit that you like, and the details will be sent right to your inbox.
I can honestly say that being a MOM is the most amazing thing in the world! I have been in the mom gang for almost 3 months, and Ahmad and I are on cloud nine. Thank heavens that God has blessed me with an amazing support system because I would be lost without them. I started off not knowing anything, and even texting my friend Emilie in regards to how to warm up a bottle. She laughed at me, but I really didn’t know anything. I have my parents, in-laws, and friends parents telling me what they did 27 years ago, and I keep telling them times have changed. I am going to buy my mom a shirt that says “27 YEARS AGO” so she knows that nothing is the same from when she had me. For example, they gave us water with some type of syrup in it for the taste, and they had us sleep on our stomach because thats what the doctor said. Now the doctors say have your baby sleep on their back, and start giving them 1 to 2 oz of water around 2 months (if breastfeeding). Its so funny to me how times have changed, but what really trips me out is that even though they did things differently 27 years ago, I still came out okay (lol, so I think).
Recently, I have been getting a lot of questions in regards to where I buy Ashton’s clothes, and what actually does a baby need. I have put together a list of things that I love, and hope they help you on your new journey of becoming a MOM!
| Ashton |
Baby Gap | Graphic Raglan Tee
Baby Gap | Pull on slim Jeans (I cut them to make shorts with fraying)
1. Orbit Baby Travel Systems | There are a lot of good strollers on the market right now, and after viewing all of them, I personally picked the Orbit. It is light weight, and easy for me to pick up and put the carseat in my truck. The stroller is easy to fold up with one hand, and throw in my trunk. The Orbit grows with you, and will be perfect for my next baby. It also rotates 360-degrees which allows for me to park the stroller at the table at a restaurant and have Ashton facing the table. The 360-degree feature is probably my favorite part because it makes getting Ashton in and out of the car and carseat very easy!
2. Boon Grass Countertop Bottle Drying Rack | I picked this up at Target not long ago, and honestly bought it because it looked cool. All the other ones were not as cute, and I was like I don’t want to put that in my kitchen. After buying it, and using it, I realized that it is so easy to clean, and I can stack about 8 bottles on it, lids, nipples, and my breast pump tools. The grass comes off, and you can clean the bottom tray by placing it in the dishwasher or hand washing it.
3. Medela Swing Breast pump | This was the second breast pump that I ended up buying because the first one just didn’t work! I didn’t follow directions and get a prescription from my doctor so insurance would cover the cost of the breast pump (I’m a rebel). I ended up with the Medela and it works wonders! It is easy to use, and you can either plug it up, or use it with batteries on the go.
4. Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment | Ashton has really dry skin, and this is the only things that works! We also use this on his bottom everytime we change his diaper. We haven’t had any diaper rashes, so I am going to say this WORKS wonders!
5. Swaddlers & Burp Cloths | These are a must have! Make sure to get the thinner swaddle blankets so that your baby can breathe and are not to hot once you wrap them up. I also tried to buy ones that match his outfits (I have OCD, don’t judge me).
6. 4Moms Mamaroo | This is seriously Ashton’s favorite contraction. The mamaroo is the only thing that will put him to sleep, and soothe him, and by far a lifesaver. Its the modern day baby swing, and it has different sound and motions for the baby. Ashton’s favorite motion is the kangaroo.
7. Dr. Brown’s Bottles | My bestie, Trenace, actually recommended these bottles because her co-worker told her about them. They reduce spitting up and eliminates air. Dr. Brown bottles also reduces colic (Ashton doesn’t have colic – but I have heard from other mothers that it does).
8. Aveeno Baby Lotion & Wash | Ashton has very dry skin, and the Johnson’s Baby lotion dried out his skin even more. Aveeno was a better fit for us, and still has that baby scent that everyone loves. They also make an unscented kind which I like to use at night just to moisturize his skin.
I recently went to the grand opening of Topshop, and was so surprised that there was no one there for the opening. There was no line (not at the register, nor the fitting rooms, or to get into the store), and it was so slow I had one on one help at the fitting room. A few months back, I went to the grand opening of H&M and it was packed! The line was horrible, and it was so many people there I was overwhelmed. Since Topshop is new to Houston, I figured in a few months once people realize what it is, the store will be packed. I usually shop this brand in Vegas, or at Nordstroms. Now that they have a brick and mortar in the mall, and also have Topman, hubby and I will be there all the time.
Ok, so I bet you are wondering why I am so excited about this store being in Houston. They are one of the brands that carry petite, and I don’t have to get anything altered, and it fits me perfectly. Most of the items they make will come in petite as well, and they have a whole section at the store. For you tall ladies, they have a TALL section as well. There is nothing worse than finding the perfect pair of jeans, and they are either to long (for shorter women), or to short (for taller women). Topshop solves that problem, and for that reason I am a fan.
The store also offers a stylist program where they have an in house stylist that can pull looks for you, and assist you in the fitting rooms. I thought that was pretty neat, and sets them apart from their competition. They also offer a student discount (10% off) with a valid student ID. If you are near the Houston area, go check out the store or just head over to Nordstroms at the Galleria.
If you can’t tell, I am really digging BLUE this season!!!! This Ponte Jacket is my new favorite piece. I want the grey one now, but I have to stop buying things that are the same but different colors.
For Easter we decided to go to the lake with a few friends to celebrate our good friend Jeramy’s baptismal. Even though it was a cold, gloomy day we had a blast. I was already dressed before realizing it was kind of cool outside and didn’t want to change out of my comfy dress and kicks!
This is my beautiful sister, Erica! I’m so proud of her! Go follow her on @ericajanee_
The man who takes all of my pictures for my blog is my husband, Ahmad! He was playing baseball at the lake, and I captured his practice swing shot with my iPhone.
Follow my husband on IG to see his random iPhone shots! @sweenshots
I am so excited that spring is finally here and I can wear rompers! I have recently been cleaning out my closet and slowly putting things on my Poshmark account. While digging, and trying on several things, I came across this romper that I bought last year. I don’t think I ever wore it, but now is the perfect time. Hot pink and blue is a combo I would have never put together, until I fell in love with this kimono. I bought it because I liked the color combination, and feel like I can pair it with different things in my closet. This particular kimono was a great find at a Houston boutique, Langford Market. They were having a $20 sale, and I had to snatch it up! A kimono is so versatile, and you can throw one on with literally anything! They are so light, and perfect for the spring breeze.
After shooting these pictures I remembered that last year I did a similar romper/kimono look from Park Boutique.
My Favorite Kimonos UNDER $30
Forever 21 | Mandala Print Kimono $15
Boohoo | Pom Pom Kimono $26
H&M | Fringe Kimono $25
Spring is here, and what better way to spruce up your bedroom with adding fresh flowers to your bedside decor. I usually get fresh flowers every other week to put in my kitchen, but with all of the natural sunlight that we now have around the house I am dying to have bundles of flowers everywhere. Think outside the box and find an old jar, vase, or even empty glass candle jar to put your flowers in. You can even take an old white vase and spray paint it a metallic gold or silver. The next step is to figure out what type of flowers you want to keep on your bedside table. The best flowers for spring are Tulips, Roses, Hydrangeas, and Peonies. Make sure to place your flowers on the nightstand that is closest to a window for the natural light. Once you have your arrangement set, stack up a few books or magazines to place your vase on your table, and you have officially brought spring flowers into your bedroom.
Below are a few of my PINTEREST favorites for more ideas!!
I recently ordered this super cute collared top from Necessary Clothing that I fell in love with. I been shopping for casual cute tops that I can throw on with a pair of jeans to run errands with Ashton. The gold metallic threading throughout the top gives the shirt a little flare. I paired the top with a pair of stretchy white skinny jeans (my go to white jeans), and a gold link chain. This top is also versatile and you will see me wearing it again this summer with a different bottom.
After wearing this top, and thinking that it was a perfect mom shirt, I realized that the color choice for me was all wrong! Ashton obviously spits up lol. I will wear it again maybe for a date night, and not a mommy running errands day.
So excited that we are having multiple days of bright sunshine here in Houston, and I can get out and enjoy the weekend. Yesterday, I hung out with my sister and did a little shopping. I bought a super cute Kimono (which I can’t wait to share and post). With the good weather, its time for me to bring out the prints. These floral print pants are soft and the perfect blue. When I was getting dressed I realized that I must love blue printed pants because I have about 5 different pairs with different patterns. I am going to have to do a side by side post one day.
Since I have thrown away all of my shorts (I’m a mom now, and they were all to short), I have decided that trousers are going to be my new favorite thing for now until I can find some cute, mom appropriate shorts. If you guys have any suggestions on where I can find some shorts let me know in the comments section!