Talk about being on the shut in list, and stuck in the house for weeks after having a baby. I have spent this time really resting, and catching up on all of my shows. I couldn’t walk for the first week or so, and having people have to help me in and out of the bed was the biggest struggle. I’m so glad that its finally the 4th of July and I can now walk on my own, and move around! I’m not 100% yet, but hey I can at least go in the backyard and grab some BBQ off the grill!
Now that I can at least put on clothes other than my pajamas, lets talk about mom style! I have been doing some online shopping because I realized a lot of my clothes are now two small (two kids later), or not even mom appropriate. I have to ditch my short shorts and crop tops for more mom appropriate outfits. I cleaned out my closet and gave tons of items to my little cousin Jadan, and a few tops to my sister Erica. I also uploaded a few new items on my Poshmark account to help me get rid of things I haven’t worn in years. That helped me free up a few hangers in which I needed because all of my new clothes were on the floor just thrown in the closet.
My mom style is very simple and easy for on the go!
- DENIM- After having a baby, finding a good pair of jeans that makes you feel good is always a must! Denim is always the hardest to find for me. I love this pair because they have stretch in them, and the light wash I can pair with anything heading into fall! (I know I just jumped all the way to late August/September)
- CUTE TOP- you can use your same pair of favorite jeans and throw on a different top with them to create a whole new outfit. You all know that OTS (off the shoulder) tops have been my favorite lately, and this particular one my sister brought back for me from Barcelona.
- CROSSBODY- Trying to juggle two kids under 2 is a job within itself. I’m ditching my large handbags for now, and using small cross body purses. All I need to fit in them is my wallet, phone, and lipgloss. Everything else I use to haul around officially gets ditched.
- SUNNIES- A cute pair of sunglasses are always a must. I usually get mines from Loft because they are affordable and I don’t mind if my son toss them across the room. My more expensive sunnies are put up for date nights and vacations only.
- BUN LIFE- Who has time to comb and curl their hair everyday? Not his mama! Throwing my hair in a nice clean bun is simple, easy, and with the warm weather its perfect because my hair doesn’t stick to the back of my neck as I’m sweating in this Houston weather.
A lot of you are probably wondering why I am siding with denim jeans instead of shorts due to the warm, humid weather. Well when I find a pair of shorts that are long enough and are cute that actually fit me right I’ll let you know. Until then my legs are covered on up, and I will opt to show a little shoulder!!!
You can shop look here: