During pregnancy your hormones are all over the place, and even though you want to have a good day, things tend to start stressing you out. You may feel overwhelmed with everything that you have on your plate, and tend to shut down. Many times others may not even know what you are going through because they have never been pregnant, or as they say “every pregnancy is different” so they can’t relate.
- Relax. Relaxing is the number one thing that we forget to do during pregnancy. Make sure to relax when you get home. Run you a hot bubble bath, pour you a nice glass of lemonade, and just relax and try not to think to much. Relaxing takes away the stress, and helps you forget about the laundry list of baby items you still haven’t bought. I often tell my husband I need a hour to myself after work. This is my time to shut everything off, and just relax. It can be me just laying in the bed and resting my feet from standing all day. A little time to yourself is okay! There is nothing wrong with wanting to regroup.
- H20. Drinking water is something else that is a major part of helping you relax. Braxton Hicks, and cramping occurs because our body is dehydrated. We become stressed and more tense than ever, and believe it or not, adding a few more bottles of water to your daily drinking intake can make a huge difference.
- Spa. I recently went to Milk & Honey Spa and when I tell you it changed my life, I’m not over exaggerating. I was having a lot of back pain prior to my massage, and my feet were hurting all the time. After my two hour pregnancy massage I felt like a new woman. It was so soothing, and the best money I have spent in a very long time.
- Say No. There are so many events that seem to happen when your pregnant, and you want to make them all. The house chores don’t go away, and life still happens as usual. During pregnancy we have to learn when to say NO, and just not do certain things. You know your body and what you can handle. You may need to take that sick day at work so that you can catch up on sleep because you didn’t sleep well the previous night due to the baby moving or having to go to the bathroom a million times. You may have to miss your families bbq because you can’t sit in the hot sun for hours at the park. Its ok say to No, and don’t stress out about it. You have to look out for you and the baby, and others will just have to understand. You may not be 100% at all times, and thats okay too.
- Apps. I have downloaded several apps on my phone that keep me organized throughout my week. I tend to forget a lot during pregnancy (pregnancy brain) and need a little reminder. I also have the Bible app on my phone which really keeps me grounded. I love to read a scripture when I’m starting to feel stressed out, and try to just calm myself down. Download a few games to occupy your time while your just laying in bed and can’t sleep because the baby keeps kicking you.
Ladies, learn to relax and be happy! Despite all the issues and hormone changes that may occur during our pregnancy, we have to be stress free so that our babies can be healthy. Hope this helps you relax, and don’t forget to drink plenty of water and prop your feet up. Soak in this time as long as you can, because sooner or later you will be running around after a little baby boy or girl!!!!!!
Shop Look Here: