As time is ticking, I realized that I need to start prepping myself for my hospital stay. I absolutely hate hospitals! There is nothing fun about them, and the smell really makes me sick. I may sound like a brat right now, but me being in the hospital for more than a day is really freaking me out. To make my stay as pleasant as possible I have decided to pack up a few of my favorite things to make my stay seem a little more comfortable. I advise every pregnant – mommy to be to think about the things that make them the most comfortable at home, and try to bring those things to the hospital.
So the question is what to pack? I tend to always over pack, but after talking to nurses at the hospital where Ashton is being born, and talking to other mommies, I have decided to narrow my list down to these basic essentials.
1. Tory Burch Nylon Duffle Bag | Overnight Bag
2. Slippers & Socks | to walk around the hospital in.
3. Tory Burch Cosmetic Case | all of your lip gloss and makeup to spruce up in case you have guest to visit after the baby is born.
4. Pillow | Your favorite pillow that you sleep on every night. When I was in the hospital on bed rest, the pillows were a little flat.
5. Face Cream
6. Towels | Unless you want to use the hospital towels that are very thin. One face towel, and Large towel.
7. Ipad & Headphones | You don’t know how long you may be in labor, so some type of entertainment is always good!
8. Gown/ Pajamas & Robe
10. Camera | Must capture these special moments!
11. Nursing Bras
12. Maxi Pads | Hospital gives you the big, chunky ones 🙁
Lastly, don’t forget the important things to put in your wallet. Its just like packing for a trip, and you can’t forget your Passport and boarding pass.
1. Insurance Card
2. Hospital Registration
3. Your Doctors Emergency Number | Just in case you have your baby early, and your doctor needs to meet you at the hospital!
4. ID / Drivers Lic.
Now that I am all squared away with my bag, now its on to Ashton’s diaper bag! Hubby bought me the cutest Tory Burch bag. I will share in another post exactly what to pack for your new baby!!! Hope this helps!