As our family is expanding, and my blog will turn 2 in a few months, I thought I would share a little more about my family and I. Shay Moné started as a school project originally and from there my hubby, Ahmad, made me keep up with it. Ahmad is not only my husband, but my number one supporter. He believes in my dreams and goals, and even though its frustrating at times when I want to just quit because I have so much on my plate, he makes me keep going. Our four year anniversary is approaching, and I can’t believe how time flies and how we now have 2 children. I want to thank all of you for following this journey with me! I have answered a few questions about my family that I get all the time, so here it goes…
- How did you and Ahmad Meet? Ahmad and I met in 2010 at work, were I was forced to go on a date with him by my co-workers. Yes, i said forced because I was just not that into him. Sounds bad as I type this, but dating was not in my radar at the time. He was nice and all, but who wanted to date someone they worked with? Not this girl! Believe it or not, I asked for his number (I will still say it was for work purposes only), but hey once he continued to bring me lemonades to work I slowly caved in.
- Where are you from? I am originally from Dallas and Ahmad is from Houston, Texas. Of course I love Dallas more, and Ahmad and I go back and forth on which city is actually better. All I’m going to say is Go Cowboys, and the Dallas skyline is way better! (My friend Lauren will back me up on that!)
- Have you always wanted kids? Anyone that really knows me will tell you that I absolutely was not a fan of kids. I never wanted kids of my own, and the thought of labor terrified me. Now lets fast forward a few years, and now I am a mom of two. Crazy how things change. 3 kids is my dream now, and I have no idea how I am going to convince Ahmad that we should add 1 more to the bunch.
- Favorite family moment? This is a hard question because Aubri is only 2 weeks old, and I know that we will share so many memories and moments together as a family. I can honestly say that my favorite family moment at this time is the way Ashton loves his sister. Many told me that I would have a hard time because he is spoiled, and he would be jealous. He is the total opposite of that. Ashton wants to hold and kiss his sister ever 5 seconds. I have to tell him he is overloading her with kisses because he won’t stop. He likes to lay back and wants you to set her in his lap as he rubs her hair and have his other hand behind his head. The way he loves her is my favorite family moment by far!
- Who takes your pictures? Honestly, this is the number one question I get all the time. Long story short, when Ahmad proposed to me he gave me a canon camera so that I could start my blog. He would take my outfit post pictures so that I could upload them. Now he has taken his job as my photographer to another level, and started Sweenshots. We now use a Nikon D610, and we have a few different lenses that we use as well depending on the type of shoot. I now have to schedule my time with him so that he can take my photos for the blog because he has bookings. It is crazy how my hobby turned into Ahmad growing a new hobby. He reads books, shadow other photographers, watch Youtube videos, and is always learning how to be a better photographer for me. He also has learned how to use photoshop as well, and we are slowly creating something in the future.
- How did you pick your childrens names? Hubby wanted his kids to have his same initials and I always wanted to name my son Cameron Ashton. It just happen to work where I dropped the Cameron and went with Ashton for the first name. The middle name for both of my children is J (yes, just the letter J). Ahmad middle name is Jamal, and I told him trying to figure out a middle name is to hard for me, so you do it. He then came to me randomly and was like J, just the letter. I just went with it because I liked how it flowed. Call us weird, and our kids will probably think we are crazy in the future, but hey its Ashton & Aubri J. I went with Aubri because I always liked the name Aubrey, but just wanted to spell it a little differently.