Ashton had an absolute blast at his cake smash! I knew that I wanted to have him one, but I didn’t want to spend the money on hiring a photographer, or having to take him to a studio to have his session. After convincing my husband to move all the furniture out of our entryway so that I could use the wallpaper as a backdrop, it all started to come together.
Behind the Scenes:
How to create your child’s cake smash at home:
- Pick a well lit area in your home (if you have a shadowbox, then natural lighting doesn’t matter)
- Get streamers in the color of your choice
- Balloons (no more than maybe 6, unless you have a wide angle lens to capture the whole wall)
- Cake Stand (Martha Stewart)
- Cake Topper (the one shown is from Target)
- Cake (I decided to bake the cake since it was going to be torn apart in seconds, but you can order smaller cakes for the event)
- Babies outfit
- Props (the number for the age your child is turning, and whatever other props you want to use that speaks to your child’s personality)
Come back soon… I will be posting pictures from Ashton’s football themed birthday party!