Motherhood is rewarding, fulfilling, and full of surprises. I wouldn’t change anything about it, but sometimes you just want to pull your hair out at the end of the day. I thought that having Ashton was a piece of cake. Changing diapers, feeding him every two to three hours, and having him spit up on me was just all part of him being a baby. A year and a half later, lets multiple all of that plus more by two. OMG!
I know that sometimes through Instagram, Facebook, or even the blog can make things and life seem so perfect, but in reality there are those days where I want to literally pull my hair out. After connecting with other moms and realizing that we all go through the same exact thing made me feel a whole lot better. So I decided to share with you guys a few ways of how I keep my sanity, and how to make not only yourself happy but your husband and kids as well.
- ME Time: Ok, we all say it, but do we really take out time for ourselves? It can be impossible at times because there is so much going on, and as a mom your kids come first. My husband made me realize that for my kids to come first, I have to be healthy and rested to take care of them. My me time is now when the kids are sleep. When they nap I either nap along side of them to catch up on some much needed sleep, or I work. Seriously, this is the time where I can regroup and get my thoughts together. Try to put the kids on a schedule so that you can increase your me time (only works for Ashton of course). I try to put him to sleep for a nap around noon, after his lunch and snack. When Ahmad comes home I try to let him shower and get settled in, and then he takes the kids. This gives me more time to catch up on emails and work that I haven’t gotten to during the day, or escape out of the house for some shopping or spa time.
- Plan: Try to come up with a plan for the day. Of course with kids you may not be able to stay with the plan, but it at least makes you feel better starting the day off with a gameplan. I try to wake up early to shower and get my self together for the day before Ahmad goes to work that way when the kids wake up all my attention is on them. Before I did that I was feeling like I couldn’t even shower or put on my clothes because Ashton as running around, and Aubri crying to eat. Literally coming up with a plan for the day to incorporate what I want to do really worked. Plan your day out starting as early as you can get up! You will fill so accomplished come noon, and you realized that you have showered, put on a little makeup, washed clothes, cleaned the kitchen, and have done all your mom duties with the kids.
- Date your Spouse: Often times people will say you must have date night! I totally agree, but lets take it one step further. Date your husband again! Its cool to go to dinner or a movie for a few hours and then come back home to the kids; but that gets boring right? Why not try to dress up and go on a romantic date, or do some of the things you use to do before the kids. My husband and I use to get in the car and drive when we were dating to either to San Antonio, Austin, or Louisiana because they are so close to Houston. Its fun now that we are married that we still do that sometimes. Make a weekend out of it, and just have fun. I challenge you to do something fun that you use to do when you were dating, and date again!
- Coupon Book: I found a really cute coupon book that I bought and it has tons of cute little coupons that you can use and give your spouse. My favorite one is 1 coupon for a foot massage. I work on my feet a lot and having a good foot massage is the best! You can make one with all of your favorite things that you like or want and tear a coupon out of the book once a week to give to your husband. Its fun, and gives you time to either have your me time as we talked about, or plan a date night for the next week. Another good coupon that I like to use is the household chore with no compliant! The no complaint part just makes me laugh! You can get a coupon book here.
- Enjoy the Moment: As much as you may want to pull your hair out because you are running all over the house, just enjoy these moments with the kiddos. In a few years they will have friends or sports to occupy their time and you will miss this precious bonding time. I have to remember that everyday! Ashton is a year and half and I already miss him being Aubri size. He doesn’t even let me rock him to sleep any more. So as time is flying by just enjoy every moment and smile!
I hope I have helped you gain little sanity, and remember being a MOM is the best JOB in the world!!! Have a great weekend everyone!!!!!!!
Shop Look Here: